General Administration Supervisor II/Coordinator II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Associate Director, Operations
The Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property (CPIP) is dedicated to the scholarly analysis of intellectual property rights and the technological, commercial, and creative innovation they facilitate. CPIP explores how stable and effective property rights in innovation and creativity can foster successful and flourishing individual lives and national economies.
Through a wide array of academic and public policy programming, CPIP brings together scholars, industry leaders, inventors, creators, and policymakers to examine foundational questions and current controversies concerning patents, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Ultimately, CPIP seeks to promote a healthy academic discussion, grounded in rigorous scholarship, and a well-informed public policy debate about the importance of intellectual property.
CPIP is looking for an Associate Director, Operations to join our team. The Associate Director, Operations will advise and support the Executive Director and have primary responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and direction of CPIPâ€™s operational activities and non-legal staff. The position works closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to increase the bandwidth and velocity of the Executive Director as to concentrate his/her time, effort, and priorities on strategic activities.
The incumbent must show the willingness and ability to manage large amounts of detail with great care and accuracy. He/she will be responsible for planning and oversight of deadlines and budgets for the operations of CPIPâ€™s programs, and will also be responsible for overseeing quality control of CPIPâ€™s operational communications.
- Executive project management:
- Acts on the authority of the Executive Director to oversee projects that typically require cross-functional collaboration and resource allocation.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and decision support.
- Disseminates information and communicates ideas on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Responds on behalf of the Executive Director to issues that arise, both internally and externally.
- Works closely with CPIPâ€™s Deputy Director to ensure the appropriate management of cross-functional resources.
- Develops Center operating plan, measuring progress against strategic benchmarks.
- Coordinates activities, sets agendas, and summarizes deliverables for CPIPâ€™s operational team.
- Oversees logistics with various CPIP constituencies, including meeting dates and agendas, reports and other meeting preparation, communicating on all of the above.
- Provides regular updates to the Executive Director on all of the above.
- Executive financial, budget, and contract management:
- Oversees financial planning and tracks budgets for CPIPâ€™s operational programs and activities.
- Provides analysis and decision support to Executive Director with regard to annual budget and financial objectives.
- Reviews and approves contracts and agreements related to CPIPâ€™s operations and programs.
- Supervising CPIPS non-legal staff Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in promoting innovation and creativity through CPIPâ€™s academic and policy mission.
- He/she will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
- He/she must also have the demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential information and act as a liaison between the Executive Director and other constituencies, both internal and external.
- He/she must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the agency.
- The successful candidate will also have a strong track record of increasingly responsible and complex positions. A professional background including experience in planning and managing strategic and operational projects is also desired.
- At least three years of prior experience working in operations at an organization that executes a large number of programs in an academic/policy context is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience and comfort with operational financial budgeting.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a one-page cover letter, a resume (no longer than two pages), and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :