Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Resource Management Assistant
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Resource Management Assistant to support the Procurement and Administration team in the Deanâ€™s Office. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Resource Management Assistant position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Administrative Support which includes:
- Supporting the administration of the financial Control System which requires the integration and utilization of data using appropriate systems such as eVA, Sodexho or generation of hard copy documentation for goods and services required and as assigned;
- Processing travel authorizations and requests through the Travel Request system;
- Generating vouchers for payment of authorized expenditures from the University Foundation;
- Processing credit card purchases when authorized;
- Serving as customer service representative in the deanâ€™s office for all procurement and related inquiries from school personnel; and
- Serving as initial point of contact in the deanâ€™s office for eVA, Purchasing, and Travel Offices.
- General office administration which includes:
- Working in conjunction with Deanâ€™s Office colleagues to support the human resources, reporting, accreditation and general office administration functions for the school as needed.
- Special Project Work:
- Execute special projects and assignments in accordance with directions and time frames as established by the Associate Director of Procurement and Administration.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with the Commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s procurement system (eVA);
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02831z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by August 2, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on August 2, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :