Media Relations Specialist
The Marketing Department for a local law firm is seeking a Media Relations Specialist in their DC office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as internal and external POC for all directories/surveys/submissions (with the exception of annual firmwide surveys such as ALM).
- Develops and maintains an online repository for reference in preparing future submissions.
- Secures annual directly listing agreements and prepares updates to all related profile pages and other similar listings.
- Manages PR-related vendors and understands and uses each tools’ functionality.
- Researches and drafts news and collateral materials as assigned, including write-ups/successes for the website.
- Works with PR/Media team on attorney awards and nominations process including drafting, editing, and submitting nominations.
- Works with Marketing Communications team to post appropriate rankings and accolades to website, intranet, and social media channels.
- Manages and creates all media lists for news distribution.
- Manages scheduling and logistics for Firm photographer in DC for attorney bio photos.
- Handles logistics and assists with preparation for on-site filming and photo shoots.
- Attends relevant Legal Marketing and PR events to further knowledge and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or journalism.
- Minimum of five years of experience in marketing and/or public relations; strong emphasis on writing, editing, and project management.
- Law firm or professional services firm experience preferred.
- Experience with, working knowledge of legal directories. highly desired.
- Proficient in a range of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Comfortable using a variety of proprietary marketing databases.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in handling several time-sensitive and subject sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing projects is paramount.
- Detail oriented with dedication to follow up.
Please send resume in Word format firstname.lastname@example.org.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Rebecca Mundy