Mobile Lift Mechanic AA
THIS JOB OPENING IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF FILLING CURRENT AND FUTURE VACANCIES IN THIS CLASSIFICATION AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS, SHIFTS AND ASSIGNED DAYS OFF.
ORDER OF PREFERENCE: The selection for Maintenance and Construction is made on the basis of fitness and ability with preference given to the Maintenance and Construction District, System-Wide (689), Authority-Wide and external candidates, respectively.
EducationGraduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, and satisfactory completion of an acceptable vocational school and/or training program in mobile lift and small powered equipment systems; mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, power and drive. This training should be specifically related to mobile lift equipment (e.g., Genie Model Z45, JLG Electric Model 45, Condor Scissor Lift, and MEC Scissor Lift). Experience
Mobile Lift Mechanic AA
- Considerable knowledge of and have performed satisfactorily the duties of a mobile lift mechanic for a period of not less than six (6) years.
- Possession of a valid District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia motor vehicle operator's license issued from jurisdiction of residence. Safe driving record with no more than four (4) points accumulated over the past three (3) years.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This is highly skilled and technical heavy mobile lift and small powered equipment maintenance and repair work. Employee in this class is responsible for performing complex maintenance and repair tasks on mobile lift equipment (e.g., Genie Model Z45, Condor Scissor Lift, and MEC Scissor Lift) and small powered equipment (e.g., pressure washer, sand blaster, compressor, platform scrubber, generator, pump, tractor, and snow removal equipment) systems: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, drive and power, and troubleshooting related problems.
Mobile Lift Mechanic AA - #5090
- Employees are assigned complex mobile lift and small powered equipment work in WMATA facilities. Employees are expected to carry assignments through completion independently. Existing rules, regulations and procedures govern the work but employees use considerable judgement in interpreting and applying them to unusual or non-standard situations. Employees frequently refine and develop their work routines. Work is reviewed in general terms by a Supervisor, Craft Crew through spot checks and occasional checks of results. May serve as Lead Mechanic.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.