The Office of School, Business and Community Partnerships' Volunteer Specialist catalyzes the Office's impact by ensuring an effective volunteer strategy and execution in order to best impact our schools and the students that it serves. The responsibility of the ACPS Volunteer Specialist is to work with the Manager of the Family and Community Engagement Center to ensure effectiveness of the system wide volunteer engagement efforts.
The ACPS Volunteer Specialist is supervised and evaluated by the Manager of Family and Community Engagement Center (FACE).
Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver's License
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience leading and/or project management
- Experience working as an active volunteer leader in an educational environment.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities.
- Advance knowledge of electronic mail and calendars, the Windows environment, including Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to advance the overall goals and objectives of the Office of School, Business and Community Partnerships and FACE Department Strategic Work Plans
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members.
- Understanding and sensitivity for diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic background of students.
- Ability to determine and assess confidential material, and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent time management, customer service skills and people skills.
- Must have the ability to use personal vehicle to travel daily to schools and/or community sites as needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings as needed.
- Ability to work in high-pace work environment and use good judgment.
- Passionate and committed to the mission of ACPS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Provide oversight to system -wide volunteer engagement efforts including:
- Develop volunteer program in collaboration with FACE Managerand the Assistant Director of Strategic Initiatives, support the development and adjustments of the ACPS volunteer policies, procedures, management guides and handbooks.
- Enforce the ACPS volunteer policies and procedures.
- Monitor the volunteer program in all s (Including set up and training).
- Oversight of the KeepNTrack software system for volunteer processing.
- Work with FACE Manager to manage volunteer budget.
- Work with school staff, school leadership, building Parent Liaisons (where applicable) to help coordinate volunteer placement based on identified need and alignment with the school's strategic plan.
- Through various forms of outreach, disseminate informationto school communities/PTA and other potential stakeholder groups to assess and identify how to become involved as a volunteer at ACPS.
- Responsible for assembling all monthly tracking, reporting, and other data points and reporting that information to the Office of School, Business and Community Partnerships leadership team.
- Responsible for completing all background checks screenings.
- Through the work, identify resources that increase effective volunteer programs.
- Assists FACE Manager to assess and evaluate effectiveness of the Volunteer Program in meeting established goals and objectives for volunteer program.
- Attend appropriate training and professional development meetings at Central Office and at schools as needed.
- Assist with summer programing including back to school supply drive and calendar
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.