Networking Telecommunications Analyst II/III – Microsoft Technologies
Applies specialized technical knowledge to develop and optimize Fairfax Water’s information technology portfolio to be continually responsive to business needs.
Ensures alignment of Microsoft Technologies inclusive of SharePoint, Office 365, Windows, as well as related and dependent systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL Server, System Center (Configuration Manager), Azure, and their integration with other technologies.
- Responsible for the technical delivery and stewardship of Fairfax Water’s technology ecosystems.
- Provides support to solutions involving Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to SharePoint, Windows, Office 365, Exchange, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager, and Azure.
- Recommend effective change of technologies and processes to optimize the business value and user experience of Fairfax Water technology and IT services.
- Lead and execute projects including those involving Microsoft technologies.
- Executes technology roadmaps, configures and optimizes IT systems and services.
- Setting work priorities, planning and scheduling work assignments and projects.
- Implements, and maintains policies, standards, and procedures for installation, maintenance, and operation SharePoint, Office 365, Windows, Azure, Centrify and other systems, solutions, applications, and services.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new products, tools, and methodologies. Re-engineer’s processes, technologies, and solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and six (6) years’ experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support, or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support, or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, and two (2) years of experience in direct user, network, enterprise application system administration, and/or telecommunications support or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office 365, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online.
- Microsoft Server Administration Experience 2012R2 (Installation, Configuration, AD, DNS, DHCP, File & Print).
- VMWare or Hyper-V Knowledge is a plus.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud experience is a plus.
- Backup Administration experience is a plus.
- SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and sequence individual work load, deliver solutions, troubleshoot and remedy problems, lead change and effectively influence others for positive outcomes under pressing deadlines and with minimal need for escalation or intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical delivery of IT projects.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and abstract thinking skills.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.