Corporate Partnerships Manager
Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
The Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for generating new business revenue with local, regional and national companies through sponsorship packages for the Foundation’s Soccer for Success and Safe Places to Play programs. The selected candidate will also be responsible for the management of a portfolio of several existing corporate partnerships, including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial market activation opportunities. This individual is a contributor to the Foundation’s national fundraising and national strategic partnership development. S/he will build strong cross department collaboration to ensure effective stewardship of funders and partners.
The successful individual will report to the Associate Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
- Key manager and contributor for phases of business development cycle that includes partner calls and meetings, the designing of presentations and creation of proposals, and letters of agreement
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Prepare and present proposals to corporate decision makers
- Generate new annual business revenue of at least $800K with special attention to net revenues
- Work closely with Programs team and Strategy team on corporate partner related programs, including design, proposal writing and cost proposal development
- Work closely with corporate partnership coordinator to ensure contractual fulfillment
- Manage expense budgets related to implementation and execution of corporate agreements with guidance from Associate Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly funding reports showing pipeline development and revenue projections
- Develop and implement new and creative strategies to identify, engage, pursue and secure new partners, with a primary focus on national partnerships to support strategic growth plan
- Cultivate a portfolio of 100 prospective corporate partners through research, networking, email campaigns, cold-calls, and by maximizing relationships with current partners
- Prepare top-notch materials and pitches that can be delivered in person or over the phone to develop new relationships.
- Primary project manager for Foundation institutional events related to corporate partners including but not limited to the Congressional Soccer Match, Urban Soccer Symposium, and National Training
- Work special events to entertain existing partners and prospects
- Support and advance the goals, mission and culture of the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
5-7 years of work experience directly related to specified duties and responsibilities
At least five years’ experience in direct revenue generation, fundraising or sales. Experience in both non-profit and corporate environments a plus
- Demonstrated track record prospecting, securing and managing new partnerships and successfully negotiating agreements that generate annual funding in the six and seven-figure range
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to manage and attain aggressive individual and team sales goals
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- The ability to effectively interface with senior level executives with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies and results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills (Salesforce preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and deliver high quality fundraising collateral
- Passion for the vision and mission of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. Strong interest in sports-based youth development is a plus
- Commitment to high ethical standards
- The ability to travel frequently on behalf of the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Only candidates that meet the minimum qualifications listed above will be considered for this position. Candidates must apply online and provide a resume, cover letter and example of a fundraising plan and pitch deck. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Corporate Partnerships Manager” in the subject line. We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.