Marketing & Communications Associate
Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
What you will contribute:
Our Associate, Marketing & Communications will work collaboratively with members of the Marketing & Communications team and other Foundation team members to communicate externally with key target audiences and advance the Foundation’s marketing and communications strategies. The selected candidate will execute many of the Foundation’s marketing strategies designed to better the lives of children through exercise and sports.
The selected individual will report to the Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
- Lead the planning and execution of regional public events, including mini-pitch grand openings and other public announcements with Foundation partners
- Provide support and strategic counsel regarding event marketing for the Foundation’s signature events, including the Congressional Soccer Match and Urban Soccer Symposium
- Lead logistical planning for a U.S. Soccer Foundation presence at conferences and tradeshows
- Manage cross-departmental marketing projects, including project management of department-specific projects such as brochures, one-pagers, or rack cards
- Develop supplemental content to accompany stories and articles—including infographics, testimonials, etc. – in coordination with a graphic designer and other team members
- Provide support to execute marketing activations with corporate partners
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to grow the Foundation’s email list in collaboration with Marketing & Communications team
- Support the Marketing & Communications team on Foundation outreach and ad hoc projects, as well as additional tasks, as assigned
- Copywriting, including but not limited to, press releases and talking points
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Two or more years of experience in at least one of the following areas: marketing, communications, digital strategy, and/or writing
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, managing informational systems, and database processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with competing demands and multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong research skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel, evening, and weekend work is sometimes required
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Marketing & Communications Associate”. We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.