Technology Solutions Coordinator
Position Summary: The Technology Solutions Coordinator’s role is to deliver support to and educate end users in the organization about how to use various types association software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. Reporting to the Senior Director, Technology Solutions, this position supports day-to-day operations for web applications used by NAFSA’s staff, association members, and other stakeholders. This includes responding to service desk requests, troubleshooting applications and software for internal customers, as well as fielding and routing external inquiries and issues. The Technology Solutions Coordinator also supports new technology project implementations and system enhancements. A willingness and aptitude for learning new web systems and working with data combined with excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning (5%)
- Evaluate and analyze documented resolutions and trends for service desk issues; recommend ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert team and managers to emerging trends in incident reports.
Acquisition and Deployment (10%)
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
System Maintenance and Support (15%)
- Learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization
- Perform administrative functions for the systems in the assigned application portfolio
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledge base as needed.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow up to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
Service Desk Support (50%)
- Actively support a portfolio of applications by fielding incoming service desk tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within mission-critical systems.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Work within service-level agreements with end users, and provide technical support for these users.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, to arrive at final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Support other members of the team in interdependent projects and tasks.
Training and Communication (20%)
- Assist team members in formulating and conducting training sessions and teaching materials for propagating enterprise software applications knowledge throughout the organization.
- Cross-train technology team members in support of NAFSA’s technology environment.
- Develop and maintain current documentation on all supported systems to support knowledge transfer across the team and the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Technology Solutions
- At least two years of experience with application support with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; specific emphasis on accurate and detailed documentation
- Ability to present ideas with technical language in both a user-friendly and business-friendly manner
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport, listening, and problem solving
- Ability to master new programs and effectively research a wide range of computing issues
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing and executing tasks under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business, information systems, or system design
- Experience with an association, membership or nonprofit organization
- Previous customer support or technical support experience
This position works closely with many departments that lean on technology to effectively deliver their respective work plans. The Technology Solutions Coordinator must be able to multitask, self-prioritize, work independently, and interact with large numbers of internal and external clients and stakeholders. The position will actively collaborate with, support and cross-train Technology Solutions team members, and will draw on the services of outsourced vendors as appropriate.
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.