Safe Places to Play Fellow
7 days left
- Full Time
Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
Our Safe Places to Play Fellow will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of activities related to the Foundation’s Safe Places to Play program. The program is divided between Annual Grants, which include applications for field building and enhancement, and what the Foundation calls the “Mini-Pitch” which focuses on small-sided soccer pitch construction and renovation projects. The selected candidate will assist in managing the Safe Places to Play program and its growth across a variety of platforms. This individual must be attentive to detail, and possess initiative, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
The selected individual will report to the Safe Places to Play Coordinator. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
Safe Places to Play
- Handle incoming/general phone inquiries about Safe Places to Play
- Handle general email inquiries about Safe Places to Play
Grant Application Review
- Support the reviewing/screening of grant applications
- Assist with the maintenance of the grantee database
- Communicate with both current and potential grantees, providing support and technical assistance
- Create reports on grantees, including relevant data on demographics, number of children served, geography, etc.
- Assist with monitoring grantees and ensure timely adherence to policies, procedures, and responsibilities as indicated within grant agreements
- Assist in the development and management of evaluation and performance measures
- Conduct research, and collect data, related to best practices for sports-based youth development programs
- Conduct new outreach for proactive project identification and informational conference call attendance
- Interface with Safe Places to Play grantees, and Soccer for Success partners for project identification
- Assist in project management processes through participation in conference calls and correspondences
- Assist in preparation for pitch-opening events, including recruiting attendees and Run-of-Show creation
- Create and monitor reporting for all Safe Places to Play projects
- Create, monitor, and maintain reports in Salesforce for all department needs
- Assist other departments with special Safe Places to Play reporting tasks
Project and Online Platform Maintenance
- Monitor Safe Places to Play partner invoicing needs
- Coordinate grant agreement execution and related paperwork
- Monitor, track, analyze, and report usage trends of projects for Safe Places to Play
- Create data points, metrics, and analyze trends in reporting data
- Assist with ground breaking/pitch-opening event logistics and needs in conjunction with Development
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
A bachelor’s degree is preferred; master’s degree is a plus Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Spanish language skills are a plus
- Experience with CRM platforms (Salesforce) is a plus, and readiness to learn is a must
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across different platforms (email, text message, phone conversation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maximize work with minimal supervision
- Strong research and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in soccer are a plus
- Experience in youth development is a plus
- Experience working with youth in underserved communities is a plus
- Background in general/field construction or built environment is a plus
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Safe Places to Play Fellow.” We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.
Apply for Safe Places to Play Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly