Safe Places to Play Coordinator
5 days left
- Full Time
Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
Our Safe Places to Play Coordinator will play a pivotal role in managing and expanding the Foundation’s Safe Places to Play program. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of activities related to the program, both within the Foundation’s Annual Grants process, which include applications for field building and enhancement, and the “Mini-Pitch” program, which focuses on small-sided soccer pitch construction and renovation projects. The selected candidate will assist in managing the Safe Places to Play program and its growth across a variety of platforms.
The successful individual will report to the Grants & Compliance Manager. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
Safe Places to Play Responsibilities
- Primary focus on managing field-building initiatives driven by corporate partnerships, both current and future, with an emphasis on Target-funded projects over next two fiscal years. Duties within this focus include site selection, project management, account management, event organization and pursuit of potential enhancement opportunities
- Interface with Safe Places to Play grantees, municipalities, youth soccer clubs, and Soccer for Success partners for project identification, and maintain and build database of potential project sites
- Manage up to 25 Mini-Pitch projects each year, which include site selection, communication with key stakeholders, budget analysis, grant agreement process, and partner/funder management
- Assist in preparation for pitch-opening events, including recruiting attendees and Run-of-Show creation, as well as follow up publicity needs via photo/video, etc.
- Lead Salesforce record-keeping efforts and build, refine and monitor reporting processes for all Mini-Pitch projects
- Coordinate with corporate partners on material orders, project forecasts, funding/partnership compliance and general account management
- Assist other departments with special Safe Places to Play reporting tasks, including supporting Marketing & Communications on internal and external messaging
- Support Safe Places to Play team in Annual Grants process
- Implement special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Assist with other projects for the Foundation as needed
- Manage the Safe Places to Play Fellow
- Expectation of 15% travel associated with job responsibilities
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, master’s degree is a plus
Spanish language skills are a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written skills and ability to interact and communicate professionally with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Safe Places to Play Coordinator.” We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.
Apply for Safe Places to Play Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly