Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
Our Program Associate will be responsible for coordinating the planning, execution, and evaluation of training and technical assistance activities related to the Foundation’s program initiatives. The position requires attention to detail, initiative, excellent presentation and communication skills, and the ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
The selected individual will report to the Program Manager. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
Soccer for Success Training & Technical Assistance
- Support the planning and logistics of the Facilitator Summit, National Training, and Local Trainings
- Support the development of training content updates and revisions
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of all pre- and post-training evaluations and site visits, and implement improvements as needed
- Monitor and support the implementation of new and existing Soccer for Success programs
- Provide programmatic and technical support for Soccer for Success program operators, including resources and tools for trainers and coach-mentors
- Support the Marketing & Communications Department to develop outreach tools and materials for program partners
Urban Soccer Symposium
- Coordinate the development and execution of the annual Urban Soccer Symposium, including content, keynote and presenter logistics, and outreach
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Department to support all Symposium-related communication efforts
- Coordinate the program grants application and review process
- Coordinate the program grants execution process
- Support the evaluation of program grant impact
- Field inquiries related to the Urban Soccer Symposium, Program Grants, and the Soccer for Success National Training, resource hub, and curriculum
- Represent the U.S. Soccer Foundation at conferences, workshops, symposia, and other events
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Two or more years of related experience in program management
Spanish and/or other language proficiency a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with a wide range of staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong oral, written, research, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, detail-oriented thinker, with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Self-starter, exhibiting a strong work ethic, ability to maximize work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and executing training and professional development events
- Knowledge of and experience in sports-based youth development programming
- Knowledge of and experience in age appropriate soccer coaching education
- Experience working with underserved communities
- Demonstrated commitment to issues impacting children and families
- Exhibit a positive behavior and attitude, and model a mature and professional demeanor
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- Travel, evening, and weekend work is sometimes required
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Program Associate”. We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.
Apply for Program Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly