Assistant Director of Admissions
6 days left
- Full Time
Georgetown University in Qatar is looking for an Assistant Director of Admissions to contribute to the recruitment, admission and enrollment of a diverse population of students to GU-Q. The position will play an important role in sharing the GU-Q brand with prospective students, families, and schools in Qatar and around the world. As the key contact for international applicants, the incumbent will take the lead on Admissions communications and marketing.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University, primarily on a one-on-one basis in-person, by phone or email;
- Participate in admissions road shows, recruitment fairs, school visits and admissions-related conferences, representing the University to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and all those involved in the college selection process;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key secondary school constituents;
- Lead on international outreach and marketing via email, social media, webinars, phone, including to prospective students, school administrators, and partner agencies;
- Review applications, essays, and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions;
- Plan and implement recruitment activities, including local (Qatar), regional (MENA/GCC), and international travel (2-6 weeks per year may be required);
- Run and maintain reports on international recruitment activities and applicants;
- Evaluate data and student feedback and provide advice on how to better reach and recruit target applicants;
- Project manage the writing, updating and reviewing of Office of Admissions website content and official publications such as the admissions brochure and fact sheets and contribute to the development of promotional materials for admissions;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in an English speaking or bilingual office environment;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a marketing, communications or admissions setting;
- Experience of university admissions, ideally in an international setting;
- Experience of social media marketing and communications campaigns is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, including public-speaking and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations;
- Excellent written communications skills and the ability to produce high-quality documents and materials;
- Knowledge of international educational systems, credential evaluation and international admissions principals and practice;
- Experience of using Slate for Admissions or a similar CRM or Admissions application is desirable;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proficiency with MS Office and the ability to learn new policies, procedures and systems;
- Fluency in English language;
- Arabic language proficiency is a plus.
Qatar offers a diverse, safe, and family-friendly environment. Compensation and expatriate benefits packages are highly competitive. For a glimpse of what it is like to be a part of Georgetown University in Qatar, see: https://youtu.be/HNoERrWln4k.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.