Student Affairs Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Student Affairs Assistant
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Student Affairs Assistant to support the Undergraduate Recruitment and Outreach team. This is a part-time hourly non-student wage position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Student Assistant position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Assisting in day to day operations of Undergraduate Recruitment and Outreach;
- Serving as a liaison between transfer counselors and School of Business Academic Advisors;
- Coordinating transfer recruitment activities, including fairs, open houses, on-site visits, etc.;
- Collaborating with central and School-specific recruitment activities pertaining to first-time freshman;
- Continuous involvement with School of Business Living Learning Community in order to assist with the development of programs, students, and engagement activities for residents;
- Conducting prospective student appointments and group information sessions;
- Providing excellent customer service to diverse populations; and
- Assisting with various marketing and communication projects as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Availability for evening and weekend work;
- Ability to prioritize tasks between multiple projects, deadlines, and stakeholders;
- Proven customer service experience;
- Valid driverâ€™s license;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network application, with a willingness to learn new software applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Prior recruiting, education admissions, or related experience;
- Demonstrated experience in development of creative marketing materials and communications;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :