Administrative and Office Specialist III, 19013
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Customer Service Representative
George Mason University, Student Fiscal Services is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual for the Customer Service Representative. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Assists with processing incoming correspondence, forms and reports such as registration and withdrawal requests, refund requests, tuition exceptions, direct deposits, stop payments, employee waivers, and the Account Application of Payment report.
- Assists with daily mail including correspondence to be sent to the Cashierâ€™s Office, return mail, and return/reissued checks;
- Processes refunds and analyzes accounts for further processing as needed and approval/posting;
- Assists with mailing of collection letters and any other Student Accounts Office correspondence;
- Provides exemplary customer service, including answering incoming calls, email, and assisting with walk-in inquiries;
- Communicates the financial policies and procedures of the university to students, parents, agencies, and staff;
- Makes recommendations for resolution of problems within given guidelines;
- Assists other Student Accounts Office staff with account maintenance and other tasks as assigned;
- Displays initiative and seeks additional responsibility and training opportunities. Required Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in accounts receivable, account analysis and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated successful job experience requiring attention to detail and hands-on work.
- Well organized individual with strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Associateâ€™s degree in business, accounting or equivalent life experience.
- Knowledge of student privacy laws. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Banner Student System is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-14