Superintendent Communication Systems Maintenance (Radio)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or related field.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, four (4) years of Communication System Maintenance experience may be considered (in addition to the minimum experience stated below).
- A minimum 10 years of experience in communications systems equipment testing and maintenance which includes at least 3 years in a supervisory or lead capacity
- Possession of valid motor vehicle operator's permit issued from the jurisdiction of residence.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This is administrative, technical and supervisory communications electronics (CE) maintenance management work. The Superintendent Communications Systems Maintenance is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and supervising the CE maintenance for the authority.
- Develops and supervises the implementation of short and long range technical and
administrative plans for system maintenance activities.
- Reviews work priorities, ensures that adequate work assignments structure is in place within the communications branch. Establishes and promulgates operating rules and regulations; ensures the enforcement of safety and security policies and programs, reviewing potential problem areas to ascertain the need for changes; develops scheduling and control procedures for the Communications Branch; coordinates work both within and external to the branch. Ensures communications equipment meets and complies with ADA requirements.
- Ensures the technical evaluation of new equipment and maintenance requirements; ensures that the operation of the CE maintenance system is cost effective and efficient. Ensures that all CE systems meet the various government regulatory agency and Authority standards.
- Enforces safety policies in all assigned work areas. Directs investigations into equipment failures, shop and related maintenance area accidents, determining causes and extent of damage to systems and initiate corrective action.
- Prepares and presents oral/written reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- Prepares budgetary forecasts on communications equipment and related maintenance needs. Estimates staffing and material requirements, production efficiency and need for equipment improvements. Analyzes labor and equipment report summaries. Authorizes and arranges for the purchase of necessary supplies, tools and test equipment required.
- Attends meetings and seminars related to functional responsibilities.
- May operate an Authority vehicle to support job responsibilities.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.