Director of Student Support Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work closely with the Assistant Head of School in meeting all school goals and student achievement targets by:
- Demonstrating and articulating high expectations for student behavior and achievement
- Managing and supervising school leaders, faculty, and staff in collaboration with the Head of School
- Managing school programs and personnel in student life areas
- Assisting in external relationship management including public and private agencies
- Serving on the senior leadership team reporting directly to the Assistant Head of School
- Working with the SEED’s leadership team to provide student achievement and school performance data analysis
- Contributing requested information to support development office fundraising and grant writing as requested
- Participating in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school sponsored activities
- Assisting in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom and perform assigned student supervisory duties
- Adhering to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED PCS Staff Manual
- Performing other duties deemed necessary by the Head of School
Responsible for oversight of the athletic department, college and career services, and the technology department.
- Masters’ degree in education or other relevant area
- Three years teaching experience, preferably in an urban school
- Three years administrative or management experience preferred
- Organized, logic-based, detail-driven work style
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong collaboration skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, some standing, walking, sitting, bending and carrying of light items such as books and papers is required.
The work involves everyday risks and discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as classrooms, offices, meeting and training rooms, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job and is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties or skills may be required.