Assistant to the Senior Director of Fundraising
SUMMARY: Responsible for the administrative support of the Senior Director of Gift Planning and the administrative functions of the Planned Giving Department.
1. Screens, in a professional and courteous manner, in-coming phone calls and directs calls to appropriate departmental personnel for resolution.
2. Assists in generating, within departmental guidelines, a monthly log tracking the number and source of planned giving inquiries.
3. Responsible for mailing of information requests to donors, potential donors, NRA field representatives, and estate planners in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Responsible for the maintenance and updating of records relating to estate planners in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Daily routes incoming mail, inter-departmental mail and routine correspondence to appropriate departmental personnel in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Maintains filing systems, within divisional guidelines.
7. Maintains Senior Director's calendar and schedules/arranges meetings, prepares reports and material for meetings and completes all after-meeting tasks and follow-up in an accurate and timely manner. 8. Responsible for entering information into Raisers Edge database as directed in an accurate and timely manner.
9. Handles, within departmental guidelines, new purchase orders and the timely processing and payment of invoices in an accurate manner.
10. Responsible, within departmental guidelines, for the coordination of travel for the Senior Director and Director of Planned Giving in an accurate and timely manner. Duties to include preparation of any required Travel Authorization form and subsequent Expense Report.
11. Coordinates special planned giving mailings, such as Heritage Society calendar, Christmas cards, etc. as directed in an accurate and timely manner.
12. Projects future office supply needs and orders supplies based on those anticipated needs in a timely manner. Maintains a basic store of office supplies for departmental use. Collates packing slips, supplies received and supply request form and processes vendor invoice approval in a timely manner.
13. Handles, within departmental guidelines, new purchase orders and the timely processing and payment of invoices in an accurate manner.
SCOPE: Extensive contact with staff, NRA members, donors, potential donors and general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision. Limited travel and weekend work required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma required. Associate or Bachelor's degree desirable. Minimum of three years of administrative support experience required. Computer literacy and experience required. Experience in planned giving preferred or a willingness to learn planned giving techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines required. Proven ability to exercise considerable initiative, judgment and discretion essential. Excellent oral communication skills required. Accurate typing required. Excellent organization, proofreading and formatting skills required. Ability to create and maintain filing systems and logs required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and WordPerfect for Windows preferred, with willingness to learn other software packages essential. Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of staff and work independently or as a member of a team required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.