Managing Editor, U.S. Income
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Managing Editor, U.S. Income Tax to supervise the operational, editorial, and production activities of assigned print and electronic publication(s), services, and staff.
- Manage the editorial activities of Tax Management’s federal tax analytical publications in the area of U.S. income taxation.
- Make editing assignments to staff members, supervise staff, and provide opportunities to develop writing, research, and other journalism and technical skills.
- Oversee and participate in production of unit’s publication(s); ensure that copy and production deadlines are met.
- Help monitor business and financial performance of publication(s) and recommend changes, new product initiatives and enhancements, both technical and editorial, in response to customer needs and market performance.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to develop product enhancements and provide information and materials for use in marketing campaigns and promotions, as well as for sales support; respond to calls and letters from subscribers.
- Seek feedback from subscribers and cancellees regarding product usage, coverage, and value to user.
- Supervise and provide performance evaluations of assigned staff, including reclassification of staff, and implementation of disciplinary actions and terminations, when warranted.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of developments on issues related to publication(s) scope of coverage.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
7+ years’ experience in researching and writing on tax or related subject matter; knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to use project resources and staff effectively within established schedules, budgets, and guidelines; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; excellent interpersonal skills to deal with customers, staff, and contacts inside and outside Bloomberg BNA. Bachelor’s degree required with CPA or JD and knowledge of subject matter covered by assigned.