Coordinator, Professional Learning Services
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director, Online Learning, the Coordinator handles logistics, registration, and materials development for Professional Learning Services (PLS) programs and projects. This position supports a portfolio of full-length synchronous e-learning courses, webinars, and asynchronous e-learning courses enrolling over 1,000 participants a year.
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting delivery and maintenance of existing programs, and development of new programs, including quality assurance, marketing, customer service and general administration for the unit. The successful candidate must
work collaboratively with member leaders and departments within NAFSA to ensure error-free production of programs and meetings. A willingness and aptitude for learning new systems and working with data combined with excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Coordinate program information, management, and enrollments for Professional Learning Services programs, including NAFSA Online Learning (40%)
- Input program data into databases, learning management systems, and other software platforms.
- Answer potential participant inquiries about program registration or content and provide high level of customer service and support.
- Handle registration for programs; collaborate with external registration companies or internal Web Services unit to coordinate online registration, create participant rosters, as well as compiling and disseminating reports and statistics.
- Provide participants preparatory materials per program design.
- Identify opportunities to automate customer service and administrative tasks as well as improve program production processes.
- Maintain program statistics and data analytics to inform business decisions and projections for future online programs.
- Maintain project calendars to ensure on time completion of all components.
- Produce, track, and manage volunteer data such as trainer or copyright agreements.
- Serve as Course Manager for NAFSA e-Learning Courses by addressing software issues and maintaining course modules in Blue Sky Learning Management System.
- Provide support to staff and presenters during live e-Learning events.
Update and perform quality control of PLS program materials (25%)
- Provide support in the development and design of NAFSA e-Learning Course, Seminar, and Express materials and handouts.
- Lead copy editing projects for web-based and written marketing materials using the NAFSA in-house style guide.
- Assist in the copy editing of Core Education Program (CEP) and Signature Program curricula and materials during development and the semi-annual review and printing cycle.
Coordinate with marketing services to prepare materials for assigned programs (15%)
- Review draft promotional materials and correspondence; provide or revise content as necessary.
- In collaboration with Web Services, update and edit PLS program web pages using the appropriate content management system.
- Coordinate reviews and refreshes for PLS program pages.
- Post marketing materials for upcoming programs with appropriate lead time.
Coordinate evaluation and certificate processes for assigned programs (5%)
- Explain evaluation process to presenters/trainers and participants.
- Disseminate appropriate evaluations through online system to program participants.
- Download reports after data and related analytics are collected, compile results and prepare formal reports to be shared internally or externally as needed.
Coordinate Professional Learning Services Team budget and meeting logistics (10%)
- Maintain PLS payment process on behalf of the department.
- Collect, verify, and ensure timely approval and payment of departmental invoices and expenses.
- Maintain departmental records of processed payments for reference.
- Partner with the conference and technology units to handle logistics for in-house meetings.
- Ensure meeting participants have necessary information for planning and travel.
- Manage logistics on the day of in-house meetings; ensure appropriate catering and audiovisual requirements are met.
- Compile meeting materials, training packets, or other documents as directed.
- Collect reimbursement forms from meeting participants, check for accuracy, and add appropriate budget codes.
Support PLS strategic initiatives as directed by NAFSA (5%)
- Provide support in the development and design of curriculum and promotional materials for new strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate customer service; provide administrative support; implement quality assurance; evaluate feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director, Online Learning or Senior Director, Professional Learning Services.
- Associate’s degree
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- A track record of excellent customer relations support utilizing both telephone and email
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Experience synthesizing and organizing material for comprehensive written reports
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite products
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least two years of work experience
- Experience in teaching or training; familiarity with curriculum development or instructional design.
- Experience with HTML, learning management systems and/or databases
- Familiarity with learning technologies and software solutions (e.g., Articulate Storyline, learning reinforcement apps, GoAnimate, etc.)
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association, membership or nonprofit organization
- Exposure to event coordination or planning
- Previous customer support or technical support experience
Scope of Supervision
The Coordinator does not supervise staff.
With the broad range of stakeholders in professional development, the Coordinator must be able to work with a variety of people with diverse issues and concerns, handle multiple projects, and keep track of timelines and changes. The Coordinator must have excellent internal work relationships with other departments and maintain a consistent level of excellent service to members and member leaders.
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.