Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
Our Development Associate will have a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic and skilled professional team committed to engaging donors to support the programmatic and expansion goals of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing annual giving and engagement opportunities for individual donors. She/he will utilize strategies such as events, marketing appeals and fundraising campaigns to attract our stakeholders to advance the mission and programs of the U.S. Soccer Foundation.
The selected individual will report to the Senior Major Gifts Officer. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
- Implement engagement strategies for U.S. Soccer Foundation supporters, including events and peer- to- peer fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain electronic donor records utilizing Salesforce (CRM) and track progress of each engagement strategy utilized by the Development department.
- Process donations, prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Coordinate fundraising activities/campaigns for individual donors, including two annual mailing campaigns and special events.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement all elements of U.S. Soccer Foundation entry to mid-level donor events.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Communications team to prepare event-related materials.
- Coordinate event staff and volunteers, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Process state registrations, Combined Federal Campaign applications and other essential applications and reporting for annual giving appeals.
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in fundraising and donor relations.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Knowledge of individual giving strategies, tools, and resources.
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Commitment to extraordinary customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead teams and work efficiently as part of a team.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent account management skills.
- Proficiency with Salesforce is a definite plus.
- Strong computing skills (i.e., Microsoft Office) and experience with donor databases, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to email@example.com, subject line “Development Associate”. We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.