Who we are:
At the U.S. Soccer Foundation, we use soccer as a vehicle to make positive social change in the communities where the need is greatest. We ensure that girls and boys living in underserved communities have access to evidence-based soccer programming that delivers positive health and youth development outcomes, as well safe places to play right in their neighborhoods. Our after-school soccer program, Soccer for Success, provides children in underserved communities with free access to quality soccer programming, safe places to play, and caring coach-mentors who are trained to help transform young lives. In 2017, the Foundation announced its strategic goals to engage 1 million children in Soccer for Success and build 1,000 safe playing spaces by 2026.
How you will contribute:
Our Development Fellow position presents a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic and skilled professional team committed to engaging donors to support the programmatic and expansion goals of the U.S. Soccer Foundation. The selected candidate will be a critical part of our development team—including VP of Development, Senior Major Gifts Officer, Stewardship Officer and Development Associate—working to meet an ambitious fundraising goal by soliciting contributions. We seek a self-starter who is detail and research oriented, and who embraces new technologies. This individual should be an excellent communicator and a collaborative team player.
The selected individual will report to the Senior Major Gifts Officer. The U.S. Soccer Foundation is located in Washington, DC.
- Conduct, report, and archive prospect research on individuals and family foundations that are prospects for engagement and solicitation.
- Organize and maintain donor and prospect records using Salesforce.
- Help plan and implement events which are designed to cultivate, steward and expand our pool of supporters.
- Prepare pre-meeting briefings for the President & CEO, VP, and Senior Major Gifts Officer as well as other Development team members.
- Track moves management toward goals, including action steps to effectively follow up on meetings and events.
- Support the development of materials that present a compelling case to donate.
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will possess:
A minimum of 1 to 2 years of development/fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices.
- Experience building and maintaining a fundraising database, preferably in Salesforce.
- Ability to prepare accurate and persuasive proposals with strict adherence to funders’ guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Apply now! Joining our team will enable you to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer in the United States while making an impact through the sport in underserved communities.
The U.S.Soccer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The U.S. Soccer Foundation is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, writing samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Development Fellow”. We wish we could respond to individual inquiries but unfortunately that is not possible. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the U.S. Soccer Foundation, www.ussoccerfoundation.org.