Human Resources Generalist
7 days left
- Full Time
The EMMES Corporation, established in 1977, is a privately-owned Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
Primary PurposeThe Human Resources Generalist will work in our Rockville, MD headquarters and will report to the Employee Relations Manager as a member of the Employee Resource Center. Primary responsibilities include assisting the Human Resources department in carrying out human resources policies, programs and procedures for all Emmes staff and supervisors in compliance with applicable state and federal employment laws. This position will act as the day-to-day contact on all immigration matters, support a positive employee relations (ER) climate through effective communications with employees and management and through the coordination of employee events sponsored by the human resources department.
- Represent the Employee Resource Center (ERC) in collaboration with other team members Works closely with ER Manager to partner with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and performance related issues Assists with ongoing maintenance of personnel files, record keeping and retention management, maintaining and tracking Employee Relations complaints via Employee Relations Tracking System Develops and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) relating to HR Updates Company Handbook and internal ER Case report system Conducts New Hire Orientation, Onboard and Off-board employees Assist in immigration Supports Compensation Manager during focal review and bonus activities Reviews/updates company job descriptions Supports HR team in planning staff events
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, participate in related employee training sessions, and respond to general inquiries from staff Participates as a member of the implementation team for HR Software tools Provides HR support once a week in our Tysons, VA office Familiarity with immigration
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist; SHRM-CP highly preferred
- Working knowledge of onboarding, conducting new-hire orientation, and compensation review preferred
- High level of interpersonal skills when handling all matters pertaining to employee relations Experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), ADP highly desired
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment Excellent computer skills in a MS Windows environment Strong organization time management and attention to detail skills Excellent written and oral communication skills
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.