Working in concert with the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications, the Communications Manager has responsibility for planning and developing media relations strategies, writing media materials and conducting media outreach to promote CAQH and its programs. Working with other CAQH staff to identify opportunities and topics, the Communications Manager conceptualizes and writes new content for the CAQH website and Catalyst newsletter, focusing on the real-world impact of CAQH initiatives, as well as CAQH thought leadership.
- Manages CAQH media relations activities, including writing and reviewing content, and securing approval for press releases and other media materials.
- Works with the Managing Director to identify and coordinate opportunities across CAQH departments and among all CAQH initiatives and to advance the CAQH agenda.
- Manages media relations outreach for designated CAQH Solutions in coordination with other promotions conducted by the Marketing Managers.
- Responds in a timely manner to media inquiries, and assists the Director in preparing CAQH staff for interviews.
- Develops and maintains relationships with reporters and editors of key trade media. Provides approved information to reporters.
- Develops and updates lists of reporters, bloggers and other media contacts, specific to different topics.
- Works with the Communications Sr. Associate to distribute press releases to update the media lists, reporters and target audiences, pitch media, and update the website press section.
- Manages media vendors (such as media monitoring and reporter research services).
- Establishes and reports media relations metrics for traditional (non-social) media, prepares evaluation reports and refines media relations activities based on that evaluation. Reports CAQH media coverage to key staff in a timely manner.
- Offers ideas to the Communications Sr. Associate on social media strategies and content.
- Works with the CAQH CORE Director to develop CAQH CORE media and communications outreach plans and activities. Executes on message development, content, media materials, media relations, social media and sponsored content placement.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the communications agency that works on CAQH CORE projects.
- Assists the Managing Director in managing the budget for assigned projects and areas of responsibility.
- Excellent writing skills to create succinct, engaging, understandable messages and media materials, along with the ability to write quickly on deadline. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills also necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to take complex topics and explain them in– in writing and verbally – to broad audiences while maintaining content integrity.
- Excellent media relations skills, with the demonstrated ability to develop and pitch stories with media interest and to develop relationships with key industry reporters.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility. Ability to motivate consultants and staff to achieve results. Experience in promoting and driving collaboration with internal team and external partners.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Five to eight years of progressively responsible media relations and communications experience. Knowledge of the healthcare industry is essential.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or other relevant field is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- TM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.