Director of School & College Counseling
DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL & COLLEGE COUNSELING
Saints Peter & Paul High School, the premier Catholic, college preparatory high school on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, seeks a highly professional individual committed to providing school and counseling services in a comprehensive, developmental program that meets the personal, social, emotional, spiritual, academic, and college and career development needs of each student. The counselor will interface with students in the high school and serves as a liaison between students, teachers, parents and administration.
The Director of School & College Counseling works primarily with the high school students. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the master schedule matrix for teachers and students
- Assist students with transition to high school or new grade level expectations
- Monitor academic progress and plan and implement interventions when necessary
- Implementing and supervising accommodation plans for students with learning differences
- Address concerns brought up by parents, teachers, administration, the students or their peers.
- Counseling individual students and groups
- Assist in the supervision and administrations of standardized testing programs
- Applicant must hold a degree in counseling or equivalent. Certification preferred
- Applicant should have experience as a counselor or with college admissions; experience with the collegiate level is a plus
- Applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicant must be a team player able to multi-task
- Applicant should have experience with academic and personal counseling, familiarity with Naviance™; experience and/or understanding of standardized testing (PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, etc)
- Applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic and be committed to the personal growth and social development of our students
The course of study is exclusively college preparatory. A tracking system for ability is used, consisting of three levels: Academic, Honors and Advanced Placement. Advanced Placement courses are offered in English Composition & Literature, English Language & Composition, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, United States Government & Politics, United States History, Biology, European History, Studio Art, and Chemistry. An Academic Catalog is published annually with more detailed information.
Saints Peter and Paul graduates go on to attend outstanding colleges and universities, such as,
University of Maryland
University of North Carolina
University of Virginia
University of Pennsylvania
George Washington University
University of Dayton
United States Naval Academy
Wake Forest University
St. Joseph’s University
- Four-Year College/University: 95%
- Two-Year College: 4%
- Other: 1%
ACCREDITATION & MEMBERSHIPS
The school is accredited or recognized by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, The College Board, and by the Maryland State Department of Education and holds membership in the National Catholic Education Association and the National Association of Independent Schools.