Director of Finance
Oversee the Academy’s internal control structure as it relates to the policies, procedures and documentation of all accounting and financial reporting activities; exercise judicious financial judgment.
- Manage the staff of 3 with the goal of continuously improving the quality of work in the office; provide training, direction, motivation, and opportunities for skills development.
- Ensure that the Academy complies with all applicable accounting procedures and standards in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Financial Accounting Services Board (FASB).
- Responsible for the financial analysis and documentation in support of the monthly financial statements, statement of activities, annual budgets and budget adjustments and strategic financial planning and projections.
- Manage general ledger, cash flow projections and the full calendar of accounting-related activities including the audit.
- Prepare reports for Academy departments including the Advancement and Admissions offices; support the point of sale software in the Bookstore.
- Plan, facilitate, and coordinate the annual independent financial audit and the 403(b) audit.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Academy to improve accounting practices and procedures.
- Perform in a responsible manner consistent with the overall mission of the Academy.
Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to identify and implement “best practices” for financial and administrative management. CPA desired/preferred. Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Proficiency in non-profit accounting desired. Private school experience a plus.
- Advanced computer skills and thorough knowledge of software applications, in particular Microsoft Excel (e.g. formulas, links within worksheet and workbooks, macros), Word, Blackbaud,and Google as well as payroll and accounting software applications such as PayChex.
- Proficiency in loading and monitoring budgets, tracking budgets and ability to work within the constraints of a budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex financial or accounting information to non-accountants. Must have a customer-focused mindset. Must possess the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent analytical, strategic, mathematical and quantitative skills.
- Must demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to establish and manage multiple priorities, and ability to work under pressure while maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Ability to manage, motivate and evaluate staff; team-building and change management experience preferred.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, parents, alumni and other constituents with fairness, respect, consistency and integrity.
- Creative ability, a positive outlook, an excellent work ethic and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and share the Academy's mission.
Must be able to travel across campus as needed: the ability to walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time, and climb stairs at will.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods at a desk using exceptional motor skills while working on the computer.
- Or, the ability to perform required tasks with accommodations.