- Full Time
CRDF Global is seeking an energetic, self-motivated professional to join our non-profit accounting team in a leadership role. The Accounting Manager oversees accounting operations and leads the accounting team. This position works closely with and reports to the Director of Finance. CRDF Global has a strong accounting operation with opportunity for new and challenging experiences. The right candidate will hit the ground running and will directly contribute to the team’s goals and objectives for 100% mission success.
- Manage general ledger integrity and ensure financial integrity and regulatory compliance
- Lead annual audits, including audit preparation and direct engagement with auditors
- Lead the month-end close process by preparing reconciliations and analysis; including revenue
- Prepare monthly corporate financial report for executive review
- Engage with tax firm on 990 preparation and filings
- Prepare provisional and final NICRA proposals
- Maintain Costpoint database and offer suggestions for improvement in response to customer feedback
- Work with internal customers to assess their financial acumen, deliver trainings and provide guidance as needed in support of CRDF Global’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technical accounting standards, pronouncements and guidance in accordance with GAAP
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to facilitate a strong internal control environment
- Develop/implement best practices/standardizations to create effective, efficient and accurate accounting operations
- Take part in strategic planning and decision making to enable excellent delivery of accounting services to our external customers and internal teams.
- Foster a customer service culture in the Finance & Accounting department based on collaboration, continuous learning and improvement
- Evaluate staff performance to maximize productivity and ensure skills appropriately fit responsibilities and ensure staff cross training
- Coach and mentor direct reports - develop appropriate training opportunities
- Support other activities and staff as required.
- BS/BA in Accounting; CPA required
- Minimum of 7 years of combined progressive accounting and auditing experience
- Experience with: Deltek Costpoint, Time & Expense, Paycom (payroll) preferred
- 501(c)(3) and (c)(6) Non-profit organization experience, a plus
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP and non-profit accounting standards
- Aptitude for systems including advanced Excel skills (pivots, nested formulas, etc)
- U.S. work authorization is required.
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.