Online Marketing & Fundraising Manager
Position Summary/ Objective
IFAW is looking for an experienced online marketing and fundraising professional to help manage our global efforts. This is an incredible opportunity to help shape a new online division at one of the most prestigious animal welfare and conservation organizations while reaching supporters and advocates in fifteen countries on five continents in nine languages.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of online marketing and fundraising fundamentals and the tools needed to support online marketing. This role directly supports the growth, cultivation and development of IFAW’s digital universe of subscribers, advocates and donors globally and plays a critical role in helping the team meet and exceed online revenue targets, list growth, audience engagement and ultimately retention.
The Manager provides direction and support for crucial aspects of online marketing and fundraising, including strategy, planning, messaging, creative development, analysis and optimization. In this role, the manager is the custodian of IFAW’s global email database, email marketing tools and is the in-house expert and educator on the provider tools.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leads and manages IFAW’s online email strategy including programming schedule, design and execution
- Responsible for developing and maintaining worldwide email calendar; collaborates with global program heads, marketing, fundraising as well as regional, in-market leads to determine priorities and messaging
- Oversee email production working with the Creative Services team (writers / designers) to ensure materials (emails, appeals & newsletters) are developed on deadline to meet and exceed fundraising goals
- Oversee and implement worldwide email segmentation strategy together with Director
- Manage inbound advocacy, fundraising, and communications requests ensuring each request is properly reviewed and followed through to completion as needed.
- Assist in special projects as requested by the Online Marketing & Fundraising Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years hands-on online marketing & online fundraising experience.
- Deep understanding of online marketing fundamentals (paid, earned, owned) and knowledge of how online marketing channels complement each other.
- Proven track record directing large scale email marketing campaigns inclusive of strategy development, list segmentation, A/B testing and translation, experience with email service providers, CRM and website content management all a must
- Direct experience working with donors and establishing programs that touch upon all phases of online donation from acquisition and conversion to retention.
- Experience in email service provider relationships, CRM and Website Content Management tools required (e.g. Salesforce, Drupal, Engaging Networks)
- Comfortable working with creative teams to develop and produce effective campaigns as well as product/engineering teams to optimize landing pages.
- Confidence with analytics and numbers; knowledge of Google Analytics and other industry reporting tools
- Highly collaborative and skilled manager capable of collaborating with a multicultural, international team to meet demanding deadlines and fundraising targets while managing projects through outside vendors and internal staff.
- Excellent written and presentation skills; effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related fields or experience.
- Some domestic (e.g. IFAW’s office in Yarmouth Port, MA.) and international travel required