Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A. Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least one year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
B. *Exceptions: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applies to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, they will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade, unless granted a waiver under Paragraph C.
C. **Waiver: When filling a specific vacant position, the senior procurement executive of the selecting agency, at his or her discretion, may waive any or all of the requirements of Paragraph A above if the senior procurement executive certifies that the applicant possesses significant potential for advancement to levels of greater responsibility and authority, based on demonstrated analytical and decision making capabilities, job performance, and qualifying experience. With respect to each waiver granted under this Paragraph C, the senior procurement executive must document for the record the basis of the waiver. If an individual is placed in a position in an agency on the basis of a waiver, the agency may later reassign that individual to another position at the same grade within that agency without additional waiver action.
In addition to the Basic Requirements noted above, applicants must also meet and demonstrate the specialized experience listed below:
Specialized Experience (Credit for Specialized Experience on resume must reflect 40 hours/Full-time per week for each period of work):
GS-13: You must have one (1) year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Government. Specialized experience includes:
- Experience performing pre- and post- award functions of acquisition, procurement, and contract activities for the supplies, services, and equipment of a Federal agency
- Experience administering a variety of contract types and monitoring and evaluating contract performance
- Experience ensuring compliance with Federal regulation, closeout of single and multi-year contracts, and negotiating contract terms and prices
- Experience evaluating bids and proposals received, recommending contract awards, preparing award documents and negotiating modifications
- Experience serving as a contracting expert to oversee the pre- and post- award functions of acquisition, procurement, and contract activities for a variety of supplies, services, and equipment of a Federal agency
- Experience implementing process and policy improvements to contract office operations, the administration of a variety of contract types, monitoring and evaluating contract performance
- Experience ensuring contracts are in compliance with Federal regulation, closeout of single and multi-year contracts, and negotiating contract terms and prices
- Experience evaluating bids and proposals received, recommending contract awards, preparing award documents, and negotiating contract modifications
Applicants are required to possess and submit documentation for the following:
- Serve(d) as a warranted Contracting Officer
- Possess a Level II or higher Federal Acquisition Certification-Contracting (FAC-C) or DAWIA Contracting Level II or higher certification
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined here.
All requirements must be met by 07/20/2018, the closing date of the announcement.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Veterans: All veterans must meet the qualification requirements of the position for further consideration. For more information on veterans' preference, please click here.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a careful evaluation of your resume and supporting documentation will be made, and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the job qualifications; and to the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after evaluating your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The Category Rating method will be used to evaluate applicants. All qualified applicants will be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the qualification requirements and demonstrates an outstanding level of possession of the competencies of the position.
- Well Qualified: Meets the qualification requirements and demonstrates a satisfactory level of possession of the competencies of the position.
- Qualified: Meets the qualification requirements, and demonstrates a basic level of possession of the competencies of the position.