I/O Psychologist (Competency)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Ability to provide consultative services sufficient to coordinate and direct activities, processes, and procedures to ensure alignment with strategic business needs while influencing executive project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage agency-wide competency development projects and lead a project team of professionals and contractors, including providing guidance to team members about planning, organizing, and coordinating the activities of customers, clients, and project/research participants.
- Ability to design and conduct comprehensive job analytic procedures (e.g., job analysis, needs analysis, competency modeling) and perform the appropriate data analyses to develop, implement, and validate competency models.
- Ability to perform and apply complex data analyses (e.g., Factorial Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Exploratory and Confirmatory, Structural Equation Modeling) using standard social science statistical analysis packages (e.g., SPSS) sufficient to develop, validate, and evaluate competency models.
- Ability to apply psychometric principles, both classical test theory and item response theory, in the development, validation, and maintenance of competency models.
- Knowledge of the professional and legal standards, concepts, principles, and practices in competency modeling, selection, leadership assessment, organizational research and career development, sufficient to develop and validate competency models.
A graduate degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or applied degree (e.g., Applied Psychology), which included a focus on competency development and/or program evaluation from an accredited college or university by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
The salary will be based on current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your résumé and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation