Investment Operations Associate - Investment Office
7 days left
- Full Time
Investment Operations Associate - Investment Office
The Georgetown University Investment Office manages financial assets for the endowment and the university pension plan under the fiduciary oversight of a subcommittee of the Board of Directors. The Investment Office's long-term objective is to produce the highest investment return possible while maintaining an appropriate level of risk and liquidity in order to provide perpetual, sustainable support for the university. Meeting this objective involves designing an investment program that addresses the needs of current and future generations of students through balanced asset allocation, the selection of investment managers, and timely rebalancing of the investment portfolio.
The Investment Operations Associate provides accurate and timely investment accounting, performance and risk information, while performing appropriate reconciliations and control procedures to safeguard the University's investments. S/he works with the University's accounting and tax offices, as well as external auditors to ensure that investment-related information is reported both timely and accurately. Reporting to the Director of Investment Operation, the Investment Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
Accounting Records Maintenance
- Maintains accurate investment accounting records for investments in hedge funds, private portfolio funds, and direct investments included within the pooled endowment, separately invested endowments, and the Retirement Plan (GURP).
- Performs monthly accounting reviews (reconciliation between custodian accounting statements and internal reports).
- Works independently with Investment Manager's back-office investment operations teams and University's custodian to resolve any discrepancies.
- Utilizes the University's centralized accounting platform to book monthly investment-related journal entries.
Assists the Director of Investment Operations in preparing regular and ad-hoc investment portfolio monitoring reports for the University's pooled endowment and Retirement Plan - Weekly Cash Reports, Monthly Performance Reports, Monthly Exposure and Risk Reports, Quarterly Portfolio and Fund Monitoring Reports, Semi-Annual Tax office requests, and Annual support schedules for the University and Retirement Plan financial statements audits.
- Maintains and organizes all documents received from current portfolio managers in a properly labeled filing system, work with investment managers to receive underlying positions for respective portfolios, and upload the aggregated information on risk management systems employed by the Investment Office.
- Collects fund manager provided distribution and capital call notices, record details in accounting platform, and reconcile the information with weekly cash and monthly custodian reports.
Student Intern Delegation
Delegates appropriate accounting, performance and other investment operational tasks to a group of undergraduate student interns.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or minor in Accounting - preference for CPA, Master's degree in Accounting, or MBA
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in public accounting or financial asset management
- Strong technical accounting and investment expertise, advanced Excel and data management, and sound working knowledge of various investment instruments, investment strategies, and capital markets.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data, exercise independent judgment, build relationships, and create high-quality deliverables
- Strong skills in organization and problem solving, a precision orientation, and the confidence and communication skills to ensure all work processes are completed accurately and timely.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Team orientation with the ability to work well with diverse groups
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.