Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience. $40,000 - $55,000
Web Announcement :
Academics Program Coordinator
The Division of Enrollment Management supports core elements of the Mason strategic plan related to enrollment and new student enrollment strategy, retention and graduation. The George Mason University is looking for someone to provide support for structured international student enrollment programs and partnership development through the Office of International Enrollment Partnerships (IEP). IEP identifies new potential university partners, creates structured enrollment programs, executes new agreements, and maintains existing partnerships to increase the enrollment of international students at George Mason University. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Program Coordinator of Academics is a key member of the International Enrollment Partnerships Team. S/he is instrumental in:
- Facilitating enrollment programs with current and potential international partners;
- Maintaining positive partner relationships;
- Providing high level support to the Program Manager to develop, implement and maintain the academic components of structured enrollment partnerships;
- Managing the collaboration between Mason academic departments and the faculty/administration of the international partners for the creation and overall success of these programs; and
- Collaborating with the Office of Admissions to manage the course evaluation/ credit articulation process for structured enrollment programs.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills with ethnically and culturally diverse populations;
- Excellent oral and written English language skills;
- Knowledge of international education systems and course articulation agreements;
- Ability to organize and implement programs;
- Experience with international partnerships including agreements;
- Availability for evening and weekend work;
- Knowledge of a second language, Chinese or Korean strongly preferred;
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Masterâ€™s degree; and
- A working knowledge of Banner and/or Salesforce; and
- At least five years of substantial demonstrated professional experience working in admissions, higher or international education administration, or a related field with international stakeholders.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :