Non-Student Wage Operations Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Mason Innovation Exchange (MIX) invites applicants for a part-time Operations Assistant position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The MIX initiative includes two on-campus entrepreneurship-focused collaboration and maker spaces. The spaces and their programming allow students, faculty and staff from all disciplines to come together to develop ideas, research problems, craft solutions, and start new ventures. The MIX@Fenwick is a 14,000-square foot collaboration, event and maker space, and the MIX@Innovation is a 1,400-square foot dedicated maker space.
Reporting to the Operations Administrator, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the MIX facilities. This position will be the first point of contact for facility related matters and will oversee and manage Front Desk related matters.
- Serve as the first point of contact for facility related matters.
- Ensure necessary work orders are placed and follow up until work is completed.
- Perform actions necessary to grant building access to approved staff. Create and update access log.
- Ensure operationsâ€™ equipment is in good working order.
- Ensure supplies are stocked and facility spaces are clean, neat, and organized. Front Desk Operations:
- Assist in developing policies and procedures and provide oversight for front desk operations.
- Hire, train and supervise Front Desk student staff assistants.
- Schedule student staff for front desk coverage during open hours. Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Ensure opening and closing duties are performed.
- Oversee and optimize customer service-related tasks including
- Information requests
- Collaboration equipment check outs
- Locker rentals
- Oversee the development and operation of a POS process and eCommerce store.
- Compile facility user data and create reports.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that are necessary for interactions with students, faculty, staff, and other departments;
- Must be an independent worker who can multitask, is self-motivated, and well-organized;
- Ability to learn tasks quickly and willing to take on new projects; and
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated facilities and operations work experience;
- Higher education or public workforce experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :