Associate Engineer, Customer Solutions Europe & Middle East
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: London UK
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
At this transformative moment, as we work toward the launch of our next generation of satellites, we are looking to attract the next generation of bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
You will apply system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, which help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. As an Associate Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) you will help identify customer needs then design technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. You will support the technical relationship with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
- Basic knowledge of satellite network architectures and IP networking.
- Basic knowledge of broadcast video distribution technologies.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Cisco networking certification is desirable.
- Experience in satellite ground segment equipment and terrestrial IP networking is a plus.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, solutions-oriented environment.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships so that customer experiences Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- Work with all levels of customer organisation to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
- Support the sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- Use the knowledge gained by working directly with the customers to provide market intelligence to Product Management & New Product Development which can help guide product evolution and new product developments.
- Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.