Special Projects Manager
Responsible for development, coordination, execution, and evaluation of NRA Foundation national fundraising events and Field Operations training meetings and activities. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Implement and coordinate, within departmental guidelines, all national NRA Foundation fundraising activities including The National NRA Foundation Banquets and The NRA Foundation Wall of Guns. Assist in negotiation and arrangement with facilities on BEO’s, A/V, Security, room setup, labor and other necessities to support the Foundation events as directed.
2. Solicit and manage national NRA Foundation event product donations including coordination with NRA Field Staff and key Friends of NRA vendors in a timely manner. Manage database of event donors, including status of donations and pre-event, event, and post-event communications and fulfillment in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Coordinate with Event Marketing and Communications Manager to fulfill event sponsor obligations in a timely manner. Develop, within departmental guidelines, sponsorship proposals and assist in obtaining new fundraising event sponsors.
4. Develop, in collaboration with Event Marketing and Communications Manager, national event promotion, marketing, advertising, and graphic design support to promote and generate exposure for fundraising events, within departmental guidelines.
5. Plan, within set guidelines, Summer and Winter meetings held between headquarters personnel and Field Staff. With Directors’ approval, negotiates with vendors and selects sites for all planning meetings, keeping budgetary constraints and training needs in mind. As the meeting planner, coordinate all details of conferences at selected sites to ensure all objectives and contractual requirements are met to serve division’s needs.
- Arrange all meals, transportation, recreational activity and lodging logistics for attending staff and division guests.
- Oversee, within divisional guidelines, planning and implementation of NRA Youth Education Summit Scholarship program.
- Plan, within set guidelines, Fall meeting held between Managers, Regional Directors and Directors. With Directors’ approval, negotiate with vendors and select sites for all planning meetings, keeping budgetary constraints and training needs in mind.
- Arrange all meals, transportation, and lodging logistics for attending staff and division guests.
- Create a development strategy, within departmental guidelines, to identify and target new opportunities to raise funds for the national NRA Foundation events. Use online, social media and mobile technologies to develop opportunities to raise funds for The NRA Foundation national events.
- Manage and oversee responsibilities of events staff, ensuring staff accurately complete job responsibilities and additional tasks within division guidelines. Provide proper training and leadership to coordinator revising job descriptions when necessary.
- Assist in the writing of quarterly Traditions Magazine articles promoting the NRA Foundation events in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with NRA field staff and Friends of NRA volunteers. Visibility with outside vendors relative to planning and executing off-site meetings for NRA Headquarters staff and Field Staff Position functions in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment with varied priorities and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision. Weekend work and national travel is occasionally required. Ability to lift 25-30 pounds required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Strong writing and computer skills are required. Bachelor’s degree is required. Concentration in Event Planning or equivalent is preferred. An understanding of and experience with marketing, fundraising, special event coordination, and web/mobile technologies required. Graphic design and promotion experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must be creative, organized and detail oriented. Proven ability to exercise appropriate initiative, coupled with mature decision-making skills essential. Ability to work independently or as a member of the team essential. Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff and outside vendors required. Demonstrated organizational and follow-up skills required. A self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision is essential. Proficiency in MS Office suite is required. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Web design and HTML is required.To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.
Apply for Special Projects Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly