St. Louis & Associates, a small business company, has an immediate opening for an economic analyst with a Federal government client. The position will be located on-site at the Government facility in Washington, DC.
- Conducting statistical and quantitative analyses of Unemployment Insurance data
- Working with Federal staff to develop new and informative presentations of program information.
- Planning, developing, and maintaining economic and statistical simulation models in R and Excel (including VBA programming), used for departmental financial statements, benefit cost estimation, revenue estimation, and for sensitivity analysis by States regarding impacts of legislative changes and various economic scenarios on solvency.
- Providing technical assistance and logistical support to Federal staff and State analysts in formal and informal settings for training efforts on program-modeling techniques. This may include giving presentations on basic statistical concepts and the use of existing models at periodic seminars for state staff.
- Planning and designing reports on program data for internal use and public dissemination.
- Providing program data and information upon request to Federal and State staff and to members of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or equivalent field
- Strong analytical and communication skills required
- Knowledge of statistical methods including regression analysis and forecasting methods
- Must be proficient with moderate to advanced functions in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be proficient with a statistical programming language such as R, SPSS or other similar language.
- Experience with VBA programming in Excel for complex data analysis preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools and programs such as Tableau preferred.
- Knowledge of Unemployment Insurance program preferred
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Please email resume, cover letter, and reference contact information to email@example.com.