The Genetics Society of America (http://www.genetics-gsa.org), founded in 1931 and located in Bethesda, Maryland, is the professional membership organization for scientific researchers and educators in the field of genetics worldwide. The organization now seeks a .Net Developer to join our dynamic IT department. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and creative developer to join the organization and play a critical role in the future growth of the organization technology roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and forward-thinking developer with 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Technologies. He/she will have knowledge of standard development concepts and best practices. He/she must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test and analyze database driven web applications written in C# and .Net to ensure system compatibilities
- Create and update standard compliant Web APIs based on business requirements to streamline data exchange with third parties software
- Maintain database tables and enforce data integrity to maximize optimization in database related operations
- Create, maintain and execute database SQL scripts on regular basis and provide ad-hoc report on membership and conference registration analysis.
- Document projects & applications and follow the programming standards, procedures and policies defined
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields
- Ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in database driven application development in .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
- 2+ years of experience working with MySQL and/or MS SQL Server (Stored Procedures, Reporting Services)
- 2+ years of experience implementing Web APIs utilizing WCF, XML and JSON
- Experience with front-end framework such as Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Experience and familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with Unix/Linux computing environment is a plus
- Experience with Git is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting / Problem-Solving Skills
- Desire to expand knowledge and experience and commitment to continuous learning
How to Apply:
Please visit http://www.faseb.org/employment to apply. You will need to submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including a 403(b) pension plan. Applications will require a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
For more information, please visit: http://www.genetics-gsa.org