In-House Legal Counsel
3 days left
- Full Time
In-House Counsel - Construction
Technopref Industries Inc. is part of Demathieu & Bard, an international construction group that is currently employing approximately 3,000 women and men in Europe and North America. Technopref is seeking to fill a position for an In-House Legal Counsel. In this role, the incumbent will work closely with a talented operations team proactively providing advice on day-to-day issues, claim management and resolution, drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts, and litigation strategy. **Only candidates meeting requirements cited below will be considered. We look forward to reviewing your resume for consideration as well as a sample of a work product limited to full disclosures as related to privacy obligations.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Explore and understand facts, applicable law and circumstances, and advise executives, operations team and other departments on a variety of legal issues relevant to the construction business.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Negotiate and draft public and private construction contracts, joint venture agreements, subcontract agreements, purchase orders, leases, assignments, credit applications, lien waivers and releases, settlement agreements, and other similar agreements, including advising on status, legal risks, interpretation, and recommendations on business terms in those agreements.
- Review bid documents and make strategic recommendation.
- Develop and provide proactive contractual and claim management training for the operations team.
- Provide legal support for human resources; provides legal advice when needed.
- Monitor and track all insurance procurement and claims, including direct communications and negotiations with insurance brokers, adjusters and coverage counsel.
- Prepare, pursue and defend mechanic s lien and bond claims.
- Monitor business licensing and registration.
- Select and manage outside counsel and other outsourced legal resources when applicable.
- Retain technical construction experts and consultants.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records and documents.
- Adhere to and facilitate statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have 5-8 years of legal experience in the industry of construction law, including ability to read and understand construction design documents, construction schedules, project management documents, and other common project documents, such as change orders, daily reports, meeting minutes, cost reports, estimates, requisitions, and an understanding of construction industry terminology and processes. Must have 5-8 years of experience with the responsibility of advising clients or colleagues about contract disputes and/or commercial litigation matters.
- Needs to possess a solid understanding of Risk Management and Regulatory issues related to the construction industry.
- Needs to have competent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to Federal Government Contracts.
- Detailed understanding of insurance policy types and terms relevant to the construction industry, including but not limited to Commercial General Liability, Automobile, Worker’s Compensation, Professional Liability, Pollution Liability and Builder s Risk, etc.
- Must have excellent negotiating, listening, written and verbal communication skills as well as an excellent command of Microsoft Office Applications.
- The ability to work independently, manage priorities, master the art of complex problem solving quickly and with accuracy are highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinker with the ability to solving problem in situations where decisions need to be make swiftly and with accurately
- Ability to look ahead at impending issues that could later cause risk, and develop and implement an avoidance strategy.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- The ability to speak French and /or Spanish is an asset.
- Education, Experience & Qualifications:Education Requirements: A Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited Law School.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Virginia; Other admissions, such as District of Columbia or Maryland beneficial.Must be willing to travel as needed for businesstherefore a valid driver’s license is required.
Salary and Benefits Offered: Technopref Industries Incorporation takes no short cuts in ensuring a safe work environment for it’s employees. Technopref offers a competitive salary and supportive resources to perform successfully. Additional benefits include and are not limited to healthcare, paid leave, company vehicle or relevant stipend, ongoing support to continue professional training and development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Technopref is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity.
Technopref is committed to EEO : EEO is the law/ EEO is the law Supplement.
Technoprefs hiring decisions are based on the business’ operational needs and individual competencies as related to employment opportunities. Technopref ‘s employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and state and local laws designed to protect employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Methods of Contact :
- Mail Resumes: Technopref Industries Inc.
- 4725, Eisenhower Avenue,
- Alexandria, VA 22304
- Fax Resumes: 571. 488.9970
- Email Resumes: email@example.com
- Phone call inquires will be accepted at the following number and returned within 48hours of the next business day. 571.488.9969 x210
Address all correspondences to the attention of Human Resources.
Apply for In-House Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly