Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
A. Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees
B. At least 24 semester credit hours in any combination of the following business fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
All applicants must provide a copy of your transcripts. Failure to provide this information will result in disqualification.
(The above 24 semester credit hours in business may be within the candidate's bachelor's degree or in addition to the degree).
Education Exemptions: The education requirements listed above apply only to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current DoD employees or Armed Forces members, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Failure to provide SF-50 or career brief (for Armed Forces members) dated prior to October 1, 2000 will result in disqualification (this includes DISA employees).
For the GS-9, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-7 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience assisting with the contracting of Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and equipment.
For the GS-11, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-9 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience utilizing various types of contracts, methods of contracting and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and/or equipment.
For the GS-12, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience conducting pre and post award functions for contracts involving Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and/or equipment.
Candidates must describe how their experience meets the specialized experience requirement within the body of their resume.
Qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
This notice is issued under the Expedited-Hiring Authority (EHA). Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
Education may be substituted for specialized experience at the GS-9 grade level. Substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at the GS-09 grade level: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., may be substituted to meet the experience requirement.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT GS-11 LEVEL: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
If using education to qualify for this position you will need to submit a copy of your unofficial/official transcripts. Failure to provide this documentation will result in objection to your qualifications, and removal from consideration. You will be required to submit a copy of your official college transcript if you are selected.
- A two-year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs may be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives may be authorized.
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- Individuals tentatively selected for testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
- This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to target position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. However promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- This is a DISA acquisition workforce DAWIA position in the Contracting career field. Selectee must be LEVEL II certified (or eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the Contracting career field.
- DAWIA certification is a condition of employment. Failure to fulfill the certification requirement may lead to a non-disciplinary adverse action, which can include dismissal.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. .
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Expedited-Hiring Authority.
This notice is issued under the expedited-hire authority. Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.Read more Security clearance Secret