7 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The approved job elements for this occupation are listed as follows:
(1) Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (Screen-out element).
(2) Technical practices (theoretical, precise, artistic).
(3) Use of measuring instruments.
(4) Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading).
(5) Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
(6) Knowledge of materials.
(7) Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, etc.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). Volunteer work helps build competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10256135
- You must be able to lift and move heavy items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- You must be able to stand for prolonged periods on concrete floors and walk over rough and uneven terrain.
- The selectee must be able to bend, stoop, walk, stand, and climb, and work in cramped positions.
- You may work in hazardous environments or handle hazardous substances.
- The selectee must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions.
- This position requires weekend hours, night shifts, regular or rotational shifts, holiday hours.
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- The selectee must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- This position is designated as an "emergency essential" position and the selected candidate will be considered an "emergency essential" employee and will be required to be available, ready, willing, and able to report for duty under all circumstances (e.g., inclement weather, government closings and holidays, lapses in appropriations, non-emergency and emergency situations) for operation 24 hours a day and 365 days per year coverage.
- If selected, you will be covered by a bargaining unit (union).
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement to this position.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: compressed schedules.
- Additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
- We are unable to pay relocation expenses.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other