Project Manager, Student Experience Redesign
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : $95,000 - $110,000; Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Project Manager, Student Experience Redesign
George Mason University, Office of the Provost invites applications for a Project Manager for its Student Experience Redesign Initiative. Mason has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
George Mason University is on the move to be a leading higher education innovator in 21st century education. This includes the development of online programming and the delivery of personalized, customized education and student services to students who wish to attend Mason at our three campuses in Northern Virginia, our campus in South Korea, and/or online. As the largest public institution of higher education in Virginia, we are envisioning new ways of providing students with access to a George Mason education.
Responsibilities: As a leader within the Office of the Provost, this position will bring program management experience in technology, business, and operations management effectiveness to large scale education innovations, including CRM implementation, innovative education partnerships with external institutions, and businesses and educational technology companies. This position will be responsible for directing a program consisting of multiple projects involving student services, technology integration and partnerships.
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management, and in partnership with university and external stakeholders including The Office of the Provost, Information Technology Services, University Life, Academic Units, the Office of Senior Vice President and partner universities and companies, the Project Manager will have responsibilities that include:
- Collaborate with academic leadership to launch, plan, develop and deliver a university wide CRM system that supports student access, enables and reinforces a relationship driven practice;
- Ensure a focus on student success and establish a clear value proposition for the university for the initiative;
- Implement sound project business plans and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Maintain consistent and accurate status information, data, documentation and an audit trail for each project;
- Identify opportunities and risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate potential risks or critical path delays;
- Assist with proposal writing as appropriate;
- Implement a continuous improvement program for project management by incorporating best practices in “post mortem” review, project delivery assessment, root cause analysis, etc. and incorporate changes as appropriate.
- Advanced academic or professional degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Substantial demonstrated experience in either project, program, account or product management experience in a business, IT and/or higher education environment;
- Substantial demonstrated experience in two or more of the following: client development, staff development, customer relations, process design, innovation management, and/or change management;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with an IT Project Management lifecycle;
- Experience with identifying, capturing and developing user requirements and analysis higher education.
- PMP, PMI, or CAPM;
- Work experience that involves educational technology innovation;
- Experience managing multiple successful strategic external partnerships.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :