Assistant Director/Manager of Program Operations, Executive Degree Programs - McDonough School of B
Assistant Director/Manager of Program Operations, Executive Degree Programs - McDonough School of Business
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Assistant Director/Manager of Program Operations is principally responsible for overseeing all administrative and operational activities related to successful execution of the Executive MBA Program. S/he is responsible for frequent client interactions to ensure the smooth delivery of programs for executive cohorts of up to 120 students, ranging in experience from mid-level managers to CEOs and high level political appointees. The Assistant Director/Manager provides operational and delivery support for the two-year Executive MBA program with an international and seasoned target cohort of 55. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Executive Degree Programs, the Assistant Director/Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
Graduate Degree and Customized Corporate Programs
Directs all functions required for the successful delivery of graduate degree and customized corporate programs including:
- EMBA: Directs pre-program and orientation programs and briefings, domestic and international residencies, faculty coordination, technical application development and management, alumni- and community-networking activities, and graduation planning and ceremonies.
- EMBA: Ensures the timely delivery of high quality educational materials and support to students by interacting with faculty as needed to obtain materials, managing the program-specific pages on Blackboard / Canvas/OrgSync and the web, and inspecting course materials (both print and electronic) to ensure that all course materials are produced to a high standard.
Program Quality Management
- Across all program activities, monitors program quality and identifies opportunities for improvement, and develops and implements new/improved high-quality services and programs.
- Collaborates with the Director of Academic Affairs to tailor and deliver student surveys of program quality; interacts with current students (and faculty) to gain their feedback; and analyzes student input to develop specific actions for program improvement.
- Maintains effective communication with students through the use of internet (Blackboard/Org Sync/ E-mail), notices, and in person; and provides advice and counsels students (100) regarding University and MSB policies and processes.
- Serves as the point-person with Director of Program Development for the duration of EMBA program, provides a consistent presence for on-campus programs.
- Works with Assistant Dean and other MSB and Georgetown offices to develop and implement programs for executive program alumni communication and involvement, and to enhance integration with other McDonough and Georgetown University alumni.
- Provides the Assistant Dean for Business Development with recommendations for program enhancement/improvement; and to develop program goals and objectives, metrics for success, and planning for future needs.
- Works cooperatively with Directors/Managers of Marketing, Program Development, and Academic Affairs and Admissions to target and recruit well-qualified, seasoned executives for EMBA program; as necessary, collaborates on the delivery of information sessions, interviews applicants, and participates with admissions committees in applicant decisions.
- Assists in marketing the programs, including input on current marketing materials and websites.
- Monitors and adheres to the EMBA budgets for program delivery; and investigates and develops new contracting relationships that will improve MSB's delivery of high quality, high value programs and services.
- During MSB's strategic planning period, collaborates with the Assistant Dean to develop 1- and 3-year budget forecasts for EMBA Program.
- Bachelor's degree - preference for Master's degree in Business Administration (or other similar degree)
- 5 years of managerial/administrative experience in a professional setting, planning and managing mission-critical services and budgets
- Confidence working in a large institution IT environment.
- Capacity for understanding and working with financial plans
- A high level of customer service and appreciation of cultural differences in social and professional environments
- Skilled in time management and high level of attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a strong professional presence
- An eye for process improvement, financial planning, negotiation and budget management
- Ability to function independently and with complete discretion
- Familiarity with Power Point and Word
- Operating experience with Blackboard and OrgSync
- Preference for experience in managing executive degree programs
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.