Office of Budget and Financial Analysis
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Budget Analyst within the Office of Budget and Financial Analysis. Reporting to the Director Budget, the Budget Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial information to determine present and future financial performance, and coordinating and providing budgetary assistance to departments as an all-inclusive resource for concerns related to budgeting, purchasing, receivables and other departmental intracacies.
Overall responsibilities include identifying trends, preparation of studies and reports, and analysis in areas such as budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning. The Budget Analyst will also be responsible to respond to requests for data from internal customers, as well as the University System of Maryland, the University of Maryland Board of Regents, and other Federal, State and Local agencies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Analyzing financial performance and trends for individual organizational units in order to determine their financial resource capability in the context of implementing programs; as well as providing detailed analysis of findings with recommendations for corrective actions
• Assisting offices with preparing their budgets, providing consultation and instruction to the departments on preparing budget submissions, attending budget hearings, performing follow up functions to ensure the departments adhere to the hearing action items, and compiling the final fiscal budget for submission to the University System of Maryland and the State; as well as on-going monitoring of budgetary compliance
• Creating detailed financial reports that on a regular basis are to be presented to the Senior Management, the University System of Maryland, the University of Maryland Board of Regents, and other Federal, State and Local agencies
• Designing and implementing budgetary control systems to be used by departments to control and monitor expenditures; and ensuring departmental fiscal alignment with the strategic direction that is set by Senior Management
• Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years experience working in a financial environment. Attention to detail. Data entry experience. Must be willing to learn.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.