Developer III (1146-679)
7 days left
- Full Time
This is a non-supervisory, hands-on IT position in which the incumbent’s main responsibilities are application software development, systems maintenance and modification. The Software Developer III uses structured analysis and design methodologies to perform full life cycle development (requirements analysis, design specifications, coding, implementation, and maintenance) for USP applications ranging in complexity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, code review and post-production support for applications based upon the specific needs of USP.
- Adheres to sound standards and best practices during all phases of software development life cycle.
- Works with technical Managers to provide expert technical solutions that support long-term business and technology strategy.
- Stays current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate USP’s software applications’ social and mobile capabilities.
- Creates prototypes, refines solutions and establishes proof of concept.
- Diagnoses/repairs development and production issues in a timely manner.
- Closely follows version control and code promotion procedures.
- Recommends improvements and offers insights to more efficient use of USP applications and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in full life cycle software architecture, design, analysis and programming with emphasis on n-tier web-based applications development and web services.
- Hands-on experience with backend and frontend technologies.
- Experience with J2EE with Spring framework, N-tier architecture, design patterns and open source software.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), RestFul/SOAP.
- Experience with database design, stored procedures, triggers, functions, DDL, DML, writing complex SQL queries on Oracle/MySQL relational databases.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as AngularJS/ReactJS, JQuery, etc.
- Experience with various client and server testing frameworks like Junit, SonarQube, JaCoCo, JMock, Mockito, TestNG, Jasmine, etc.
- Experience with build tools like GIT, Ant, Maven, Grunt, GulpJS.
- Experience with configuring Web and application servers.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite Confluence, JIRA and Crucible.
- Experience with Linux/Unix or Mac OSX.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all level of staff to determine system requirements, processes and data flows.
- Demonstrated progression in career with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services/Heroku a plus.
- Experience with application containerization technologies like Docker.
- Proven experience in developing applications strategies, facilitating implementation projects, creating system designs and solution architectures for software applications.
- Expert knowledge of systems, software, programming languages, development methodology and web frameworks.
- Strong grasp of common web technologies and recent developments in social, mobile and cloud applications.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes in building high profile web applications.
- Must also be able to facilitate occasional projects not possible during normal business hours due to vendor necessity or customer impact (e.g. ability to be on call for any critical system issues).
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular