Supervisor, Revenue Management
5 days left
- Full Time
Under the general oversight of the Supervisor, Customer Service, participates in and provides leadership and training to the Revenue Management group. Investigates and resolves complex customer billing issues. Tactically plans and monitors workload/resource allocation. Provides assistance to the Supervisor, Customer Service as needed.
Participates in and provides leadership and training to the Revenue Management group by:
- Providing training to employees.
- Conducting performance evaluations of Revenue Management personnel.
- Leading Revenue Management recruitment activities.
- Providing Revenue Management statistical data for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Researching customer inquiries by accessing customer information system records and other historical records.
- Responding to escalated customer questions concerning billing, collections, and new services via telephone, face to face interaction, email, or written correspondence.
- Maintaining Fairfax Water’s policies and procedures, especially in regard to billing and collections practices.
- Performing the following tasks as workload priorities require:
- Opening, closing and modifying customer accounts.
- Opening, closing, and modifying service orders.
- Scheduling field work appointments.
- Applying payments to customer accounts and correcting misapplied payments.
- Performing payment collection activities including customer contact, payment extensions, disconnections, liens, and administration of collection agency services.
- Coordinating retail bill production.
- Updating current meter information in the customer information system.
- Auditing customer accounts for billing abnormalities.
- Billing adjustments to resolve routine and complex billing errors, including reinstatement of accounts, correction of crossed meters, and errors associated with multiple meters on a single account.
- Analyzing water usage patterns to estimate billing and resolving customer concerns.
- Processing swimming pool adjustment forms.
- Processing applications for new water service connections.
- Coordinating wholesale bill production.
- Processing refund checks.
- Acting on behalf of the Supervisor, Customer Service when necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from a college or university with an Associate’s degree in a business-related field and a minimum of six years progressively responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- At least one year of relevant experience has been in a leadership capacity performing tasks similar to this position.
- Experience with using and interrogating a Customer Information System (CIS); familiarity with SAP preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to efficiently plan, assign, and supervise a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to issue and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact courteously with the public and fellow coworkers.
- Proficiency with computer operation and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Ability to respond to emergencies and work overtime when necessary.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment