Supervisor, Customer Contact
5 days left
- Full Time
Under the general oversight of the Supervisor, Customer Service, participates in and provides leadership and training to the Customer Contact group. Investigates and resolves complex customer issues. Tactically plans and monitors workload/resource allocation. Provides assistance to the Supervisor, Customer Service as needed.
Participates in and provides leadership and training to the Customer Contact group by:
- Providing training to employees.
- Conducting performance evaluations of Customer Contact personnel.
- Leading Customer Contact recruitment activities.
- Providing Customer Contact statistical data for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Researching inquiries by accessing customer information system records and other historical records.
- Responding to escalated customer inquiries via telephone, face to face interaction, email, or written correspondence.
- Maintaining Fairfax Water’s policies and procedures, especially in regard to Customer Contact practices.
- Performing the following tasks as workload priorities require:
- Opening, closing and modifying customer accounts.
- Opening, closing, and modifying service orders.
- Billing adjustments to correct late charges assessed in error.
- Scheduling field work appointments.
- Preparing written responses to customer inquiries.
- Dispatching customer service requests to field representatives.
- Coordinating unmetered service line leak communication and resolution.
- Acting on behalf of the Supervisor, Customer Service when necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from a college or university with an Associate’s degree in a business-related field and a minimum of six years progressively responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- At least one year of relevant experience has been in a leadership capacity performing tasks similar to this position. Experience with using and interrogating a Customer Information System (CIS); familiarity with SAP preferred.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to efficiently plan, assign, and supervise a fluctuating workload.
- Ability to issue and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact courteously with the public and fellow coworkers.
- Proficiency with computer operation and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Ability to respond to emergencies and work overtime when necessary.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.