Human Resources Manager
Sparks Group is partnering with a local government contractor in the technical services sector to fill an HR Manager vacancy. They are seeking a motivated and people-focused human resources professional with strong interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a their growing HR team. Individuals with experience in the areas such as, but not limited to, employment law compliance, HRIS, performance management, employee relations, benefits administration and separation of employment, apply now or call 703-620-6444!
- Manage HR projects as well as participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Conduct investigations into employee concerns, provide appropriate documentation and bring to conclusion, involving general counsel as necessary.
- Coach managers and supervisors on employee performance matters and concerns.
- Manage compensation programs to include proposal support, job descriptions, position slotting, policy and interdepartmental processes.
- Maintain employee benefits programs by working with VP and broker to ensure competitive offerings and pricing; design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs and oversee the annual open enrollment process.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and legislative requirements.
- Oversee updating of the employee handbook to document policy changes and the maintaining of employee records while adhering to regulatory and ISO requirements.
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with firm policies and regulations.
- Analyze HR data to identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to enhance service quality and cost effectiveness (i.e., Labor Turnover trends, absence management)
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance reporting to include AAP, EEO, VETS-4212, 5000’s.
- Oversee and maintain integrity of data in the HR database system and personnel records.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- At least 1 year of government contracting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field, plus 8-10 years of progressive HR generalist experience in all facets of Human Resources.
- 1-3 years of HR management experience.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience working in an ISO or CMMI certified company a plus.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!