Associate Deputy Attorney General
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- We must receive your application by 11:59 pm (EDT) on the closing date.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
- This is a resume-only application. Your resume may not exceed seven (7) pages.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result before you can be appointed into this position.
- You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position. Entrance on duty is contingent upon preliminary completion of a security clearance.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to the Senior Executive Service.
- You must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered eligible.
- Only experience obtained by closing date of this announcement will be considered.
- This position requires a Top Secret Clearance/SCI -- (Candidate must be able to obtain the required security clearance).
As a basic requirement for entry into the SES, applicants must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability and directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Mandatory Technical Qualifications and Executive Core Qualifications.
The application process used to recruit for this position is RESUME-ONLY. The applicant must address the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) within their resume. Resumes may not exceed seven (7) pages.
Copies of the Office of Personnel Management's "Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications" may be obtained via the Internet at http://www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2012.pdf.
Please see Application Procedures for specific instructions. We recommend that your resume emphasize your level of responsibilities, the scope and complexity of the programs managed, and your program accomplishments, including the results of your actions. You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required of the position and on the extent your application demonstrates that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the Associate Deputy Attorney General. Please be sure to give concrete examples of your experience and demonstrate the complexity of the knowledge you possess.
YOU WILL BE EVALUATED ON ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQ): Your responses to the MTQs should be embedded/addressed within your resume not to exceed seven pages.
MTQ 1 - Demonstrated experience analyzing and evaluating complex legal issues and ability to advise and assist high-level officials on difficult and precedent-setting legal and administrative matters.
MTQ 2 - Broad knowledge of federal laws, regulations, and policies governing law enforcement agencies and experience dealing with complex policy issues.
MTQ 3 - Demonstrated ability to apply skill in and knowledge of ethics, federal law, and Agency-specific policies and procedures to resolve sensitive matters with senior federal Agency officials.
IN ADDITION, YOUR RESUME MUST CLEARLY DOCUMENT AND DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs) EVIDENCE WITHIN YOUR RESUME NOT TO EXCEED SEVEN PAGES:
Your demonstrated leadership ability and the ECQs and MTQs must be clearly shown in your resume. A separate narrative statement will not be accepted.
ECQ1 - LEADING CHANGE. This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ2 - LEADING PEOPLE. This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ3 - RESULTS DRIVEN. This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN. This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ5 - BUILDING COALITIONS. This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Additional information on the Executive Core Qualifications can be found at http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp.
Please refer to OPM's Guide to the Senior Executive Service Qualifications for more detailed information.
OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT (OPM) REVIEW AND APPROVAL: OPM is required by law to review the executive qualifications of each new appointee to the Senior Executive Service (SES) prior to appointment. Upon selection, candidate must submit a written statement addressing the five (5) Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed above. Please limit the narrative statement for each ECQ to no more than two pages.
You must be a graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and be a member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico bar.
DOJ offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
The Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) of the selectee who is not a current or former career Senior Executive employee (Title V) must be approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) before appointment. In addition, individuals entering the Senior Executive Service for the first time are subject to a one-year probationary period. Applicants who have completed the Candidate Development Program (CDP) and have had their ECQs certified by OPM must provide a copy of their certificate as part of their application.
EEO Policy Statement: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor. The complete DOJ EEO Statement/Policy is found at: http://www.justice.gov/jmd/eeos/08-eeo-policy.pdf.
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Social Security Number - Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security Number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
- Privacy Act - Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualifications for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
- Signature - Before you are hired, you will be required to sign and certify the accuracy of the information in your application.
- False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
- Selective Service - If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants must address the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) within their resume. Your resume may not exceed seven (7) pages.
Please see Application Procedures for specific instructions. The resume should demonstrate the necessary level of management skills, characteristics, qualities, specialized knowledge, and technical competence that would indicate successful performance in the SES. This evidence must include clear and concise examples that emphasize the applicant's level of responsibilities, scope, and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments, policy initiatives, and level of contacts.