Supervisory Energy Project Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 1-2 days a month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation or recruitment incentives MAY BE offered. Permanent change in station (PCS) will NOT be offered.
NoneSPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-14) in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience in planning and implementing successful demonstration and deployment programs for energy efficiency, specifically for the U.S. domestic residential sector, including, weatherization assistance programs and policies to increase the energy efficiency of residential households, working with a broad range of U.S. domestic entities, including Federal, State, local and regional public and non-profit organizations, industry, financial firms, utilities and others.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, principles, and practices, analytical and evaluative methods concerning policy development and implementation, market transformation activities, and/or the economics and financial mechanisms involved, to effectively assist state and local governments to adopt and implement best practices and model solutions to effectively overcome barriers to clean energy technologies.
- Ability to apply advanced techniques required for planning, coordinating, and executing projects which provide technical information and assistance to meet a wide diversity of needs to identify, analyze and resolve related problems, draw sound conclusions and make recommendations based on data and facts.
- Knowledge of grant and contracts processes, including the development and execution of funding opportunity announcements, merit review, and award selections.
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing in order to give oral presentations and/or develop written communication products.
- Ability to coordinate activities with senior management officials within DOE, other Federal agencies, State and local government entities, and industry representatives.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meetallqualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
No education requirements. Education cannot be substituted at the GS-15 level.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- EEO Policy: http://www.usajobs.gov/eeo
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: http://www.usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to ensure you have been placed into the appropriate quality category.
Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (when applicable), and training as described in your resume and applicant assessment. Your credentials are measured against the established duties of the position at the grade level(s) being advertised.
The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified", although they may differ slightly based on individual agency policy.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If you are a Veteran Preference eligible candidate, you will be listed at the top of whichever quality category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
Selecting Official may check references on those applicants referred for consideration.
To preview questions please click here.