Information Technology Specialist (Data Management, INFOSEC)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid
.Applicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must meet the following requirements:
Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - defining and initiating corrective action as needed
- Customer Service - serves as Government Task Monitor (GTM)
- Oral Communication - providing expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations
- Problem Solving - applies expert knowledge of relational and non-relational data management information systems to define new solutions
Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience with advanced IT principles, concepts, and practices sufficient to accomplish large-scale database management systems sufficient to mission-critical consular affairs and border security functions of the U.S. government
- Experience applying data management concepts and techniques to plan and manage the migration of databases to new technologies and plan the installation or re-installation process
- Experience using applicable regulations, policies, and directives pertaining to information technology management
- Experience demonstrating the principles governing Federal contracting, and ability to attain certification as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and monitor technical work of private sector contractor employees
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of the capacity, configurations, and limitations of various state-of-the-art computer equipment and software applications
- Experience in systems security certification, and accreditation requirements and processes, and Federal information systems security protocols in order to integrate information systems security across the Bureau's data management and IT infrastructure, inclusive of continuous cybersecuirty monitoring and active new and re-certifications of system accreditations
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements. Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the required qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume, self-assessment questions, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application will be removed from further consideration.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click here.
Please ensure that your resume and narrative responses provide enough detailed information to support your answers to the self-assessment questions.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To preview questions please click here.